A Sense of Place
- A 4-acre parcel located on Piʻiholo Rd in Makawao has been donated to Halau Keʻalaokamaile by the Frost Family as a cultural centerpiece of a sustainable, off-grid, 258-acre Regenerative Farming Community called Hōkūnui Maui Farms LLC.
- Most of the 4 acres will be used for Practitioner Crops - as well as to fulfill our three grant programs which will directly benefit the community at large. Currently there are 60 acres in active reforestation/agroforestry cultivation.
- Approved by the Planning Commission as an "accessory to Ag use."
- Hālau Center design by Hunton Conrad.
- 6000 sq ft total. Upcountry Historical/Cultural Resource Center, Classroom, Certified Kitchen, Ag processing area, two dance floors.